- Online Sermons
Join the Brotherhood!
You are welcome to become a member of the Brookland Baptist Brotherhood if you want to make a difference and meet the following criteria:
· Are a male 18 years or older;
· Are committed to and agree with the mission and objectives of the Brotherhood;
· Pay the annual membership fee of $10, $11 if paying online.
Memberships and renewals after the annual membership drive in January may be made at Brotherhood events and meetings. Click here to join online!
The purpose of the Brotherhood is to establish and maintain a Christian Fellowship of men for the following purposes:
Spiritual, Emotional, and Family Stability as well as Community Service Initiatives Spiritual and Emotional
The goal of the Brotherhood is to define roles, responsibilities which spiritually and emotionally prepare men for leadership and service in their family, relationships, church and community.
The principal objective in ensuring family stability will be through:
1. Establishing man's position in the home, family, and relation- ships according to God's written Word.
2. Teaching effective Communications Skills in order for men to:
a. Explain and maintain his position in the home and family.
b. Establish and communicate the roles and responsibilities of other family members.
c. Resolve conflicts in a positive manner.
3. Providing a Comfort Zone of support for men to:
Discuss personal and (or) family relationship problems utilizing Christian counselors.
Provide workshops and seminars based on identified needs.
Provide specific workshops which address crisis situations:
a. Domestic, family, and relationships violence
b. Divorce and its impact on the family and relationships
c. Job loss and its emotional impact on the family.
d. Pride and self-esteem.
e. Male Sexuality, Intimacy, Respect, and Responsibility.
f. Secular world's impact on the Christian man.
4. Addressing health issues, Mentally, Spiritually and Physically, in order for men and their families to maintain healthy lifestyles.
The main objective as related to community service is to:
1. Promote active participation in existing community service projects undertaken by the church.
2. Present a physical presence of the church serving the various needs of the community in a non-church environment.
3. Work cooperatively with existing community service groups.
4. Design specific community service projects:
"How To" workshops.
Mentoring and Single-Parent programs.
Home maintenance assistance for the elderly.
Black men in the schools.
Suggested Topics of Discussion include:
Biblical Principals for men.
Effective Money Management.
Dealing with Anger (Domestic, Family, and Relationship Violence).
Health (Physical and Mental).
The Brotherhood also encourages all men to support the Black Male Conference and to participate in a service project with the Community Services Ministry.
For more information about the Brotherhood or any of its activities,
Please contact Brotherhood@brooklandbaptist.org or any of the following persons:
H. S. Tate - President
Mark Rump - Vice President
George Holmes - Treasurer
Al Georges - Secretary
Jimmy Garvin - Chaplain
Larry Bennett - Parliamentarian
Outreach Ministry - West
- Counseling Ministry
- Couples for Christ
- Financial Ministry
- Senior Missionary Society
- Brotherhood Ministry
- Intercessory Prayer Ministry
- 500 Club
- Brookland's Orchestra
- Brookland's Soup Kitchen Ministry
- Prison Ministry
- Seniors Ministry
- Young Woman's Auxiliary
- Young Adult Ministry (YAM)
- JoyFest Young Adult Registration Form
- Progressive Auxiliary Ministry
- Women In Ministry
- Spotlight On Youth 2016-2017
- Spotlight On Youth Registration Form